cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV glitching and broadband dropping out

sitereportuk
On our wavelength

Throughout today, I've been having issues with the TV glitching and broadband dropping out (no internet). I've rebooted the router, TV box, etc multiple times and run a test via the VM website and an appointment was made for Thursday am. However, I've received no confirmation of the appointment and I'm unsure whether the engineer will turn up or not. As I'm working from home, stable internet connection is vital. This isn't a wifi issue... I'm fully aware of the issue with the hub so use that in modem mode and have some Deco M5s to ensure wifi is good throughout my house. How can I check if there's my appointment has been made please? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sitereportuk,

Ahh that makes more sense! Thank you for letting me know 🙂

If you experience the same issue again, please come straight back and we can continue to help, okay?

For now though, I hope you have a lovely weekend coming up!

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

55 REPLIES 55

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try logging into your "my Virgin Media" online account, and click on "my appointments"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sitereportuk,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your TV service and the engineer visit. 

I've had a quick look at your services and I believe we may have sent you a text asking if you still need the appointment. Do you remember receiving a text asking if you still want the visit to go ahead with a yes or no answer?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

On second attempt, I was able to book an engineer. However, having made that appointment and received the text, I can confirm that the TV and broadband have both returned to normal and I replied to the text with 'FIXED'.

Thanks for following up.

Hi Sitereportuk,

Ahh that makes more sense! Thank you for letting me know 🙂

If you experience the same issue again, please come straight back and we can continue to help, okay?

For now though, I hope you have a lovely weekend coming up!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Many thanks again Megan

Having miraculously improved, my internet connection has become really bad again. I’ve checked all connections, reset hub, run tests etc numerous times. An engineer is booked for Tuesday afternoon but as my teenage children are schooling at home due to covid outbreaks, I’m working from home and my wife is too, the lack of reliable internet connection is causing real issues. Having to wait 1.5 business days is painful although I do appreciate that engineer visits can’t be instant. 

I am worried that the engineer won’t be able to resolve the issue. 

Any advice gratefully received. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're having genuine internet problems, as opposed to WiFi router issues, can I strongly recommend spending 5-10 minutes setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor ?

It's free, runs silently 24/7 monitoring your connection, and the resulting graph provides excellent diagnosis & evidence of any connection/line issues which VM accept.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Yes. It’s internet connection and not wifi. I’ll set up a quality monitor as suggested. Many thanks. 

This is how things are looking so far:

sitereportuk_0-1626006125731.png

Is it best to capture 24 hours of data?

Thanks in advance