cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV and broadband dropouts

abrahad
On our wavelength

We have been experiencing increasingly worse dropouts of both TV and broadband for about a week. I have found it impossible to get through to Virgin to report this.  The automated telephone reply says that they are working on an issue in this area.  The web page, when it's working, says there are no issues!

I live in the SK3 area of Stockport.  Does anyone know what is going on?

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The phone is always best. If a problem is being worked on then it’s unlikely you will get any further info from VM. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi abrahad, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with your TV and broadband services. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see that an engineer appointment has been booked now. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else - you know where we are. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

abrahad
On our wavelength

The engineer was here this morning and his test equipment showed a fault on the incoming cable. He replaced all the internal cables and junction boxes and remade the outside connection.  So far, so good. The fault has gone away.  It looks as though the connection on the outside wall had become faulty.