cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV aerial cable cut

Luleta91
Joining in

Hi, I am a broadband only customer and had my broadband installed yesterday. The engineer cut and replaced the TV aerial cable and also covered up the socket. I didn't find out until well into the evening otherwise I'd have asked him not to. I called customer services this morning and was told that someone would contact me AT SOME POINT but the team is really busy. Please can someone fix this? It shouldn't have happened in the first place and I don't want to be waiting for weeks without TV access.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have asked VM to come and comment.

Did they simply cut/remove the TV ariel and feed their broadband cable through the same hole to get it inside?

If so was there a reason given for that - are your walls 3 feet thick stone perhaps !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I had a satellite cable and an aerial cable there. I agreed with the technician he could use the existing satellite cable as I don't use it. But I do use my TV aerial cable, which was also obvious as I had the TV cable connected to the wall TV plug.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We're sorry to see the aerial cable has been removed and you can no longer make us of it, Luleta91.
Could you please kindly confirm whether you'd need this fitted back on and if you can use the TV services as normal without it or not?
Happy to assist further, so please tell us more.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for quick reply. I need this fitted back as I can't watch TV at the moment

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Luleta91, thanks for clarifying. 
I will be able to check this further for you and help, I will send you a private message to do this shortly.

Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs