cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Box and wifi

raemar01
Joining in

I switch off the tv every night using the remote control and every morning the box has turned itself off and i have no wifi until i turn the tv back on

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

11 REPLIES 11

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi raemar01, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your TV box and WiFi is switching off each night. 

When you say everything is off, do you mean to say that there is no power going to the TV box or Hub? If so then this would suggest an issue with the electricity itself as opposed to the boxes. 

Do you have the Hub and TV box plugged in to the main sockets or an extension lead? Are they connected to a timer in anyway? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

• Hi. Thank you for your reply, not everything is switched off, just as stated i switch off the tv using the remote then at some point the box switches off the red light is showing. Plugged in to the wall and not on a timet

Might the TV box be set to ECO MODE = ON?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Possibly ! If so would this disconnect my wifi, as that's what's happening

Any use?

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/faqs-and-videos/virgin-tv/all-about-tv/ensure-broadband-...

The hub won’t have an economy setting so it’s a mystery to me as to why you would lose WiFi. Can you tell us more? Like how are you connected to WiFi in the first place? Like confirm that you are connected to one of the Hub’s offered SSIDs?

Hi @raemar01,

I can see that one of our community members @Sephiroth has offered some advice on this. Let us know if this has helped or if you need some further assistance today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi. My tv box must automatically go on standby, on further investigation have realised that the loss of wi fi is upstairs only when i go into the living room beside the hub i do have wifi so it's more to do with a really weak connection in the upper part of my house. Thanks for your help

Yes it did help but my problem is still not resolved, i think I'll need to consider boosters or pods

I use Powerline Adapters to spread WiFi through the house.

Virgin Media have a Pod (I think it's called) that will relay WiFi around the house. I wouldn't touch that with Putin's and unless you're a 1 Gig customers VM will charge you £8/month (I think it is) and there are stories about the Pod overheating and hot to the touch.