cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Aerial covered up

MJRS
Tuning in

I'm a broadband only customer, the service completely dropped out one day so we had an engineer round. He replaced the hub and changed the wiring, WiFi then worked perfectly.

However, the TV signal was then totally rubbish and intermittent. I checked the TV aerial cable and to my surprise it was no longer plugged into the wall. Where it was previously plugged in, the engineer had fitted a Virgin branded cover that the WiFi cable was then plugged into. This makes it impossible to plug the TV aerial in in our flat.

Anyone else got any experience of this? Seems like pretty rubbish service to me!

12 REPLIES 12

g0akc
Problem sorter

So the VM technician has disconnected the terrestrial TV aerial cable and effectively taken away the connection for it?

Were you somehow using Virgin coax cable for the TV aerial?  Have they disconnected a separate cable that goes to an antenna on the roof?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Yeah so they've covered up the terrestrial TV aerial and I now have nowhere to plug that in.

I don't think I was using Virgin stuff for the TV, but I'm not an expert..

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@MJRS wrote:

Yeah so they've covered up the terrestrial TV aerial and I now have nowhere to plug that in.

I don't think I was using Virgin stuff for the TV, but I'm not an expert..

Are your connections in your flat something like the modular arrangements shown on pages 21/22 here

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/New-Build-Handbook-...

If so, sounds like the VM tech may have swapped over a module. Posting some photos of the sockets may help clarify what has happened.

Past topics on here have mentioned one service provider removing existing cables of another simply to avoid drilling a hole in the wall. Just a bit of lazy careless installation when that happens and it disables an active service that was previously working.

In any event, VM will need to send someone back to remedy it. The forum team should reply here shortly to arrange that.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

have flagged the thread to VM - the tech should not have done that - hopefully staff can get someone back to sort it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MJRS,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you experienced this with your installation and your aerial TV. We can understand this is not ideal and want to best help. In order to get a better understanding of what happened are you able to take a picture of the current installation so we can provide the best resolution?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the replies. Here's a photo of the installation inside. Before the engineer came and installed the cover we had both TV aerial and WiFi plugged in to sockets under there. At the bottom of the photo is the cover that he took off and left.

Screenshot_20211006-103824_Gallery.jpg

Thank you for the photo @MJRS.

I have sent a private message so we can work on a resolution for you. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right hand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would hope you existing aerial cable is behind that new cover.  I note there is a spare blank euro module plate fitted and it may just be a case of removing the blank and feeding the aerial cable back out that way.

Either way, a pretty poor job to say the least.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Akua_A 

I have the same problem! When virgin was installed they used the same hole which is used for the aerial TV so we cannot get live TV anymore. Is there any way to get this fixed?

Thanks

SK123