Menu
Greenfij
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TP Link WPA 4220 poweline adaptor

So, I have plugged in my powerline adaptor into the socket by my router and connected to my router (superhub3) via the Ethernet cable provided. The connection light is predominantly RED suggesting no connection to the router... This is a new device straight of the box. The electrics are all new and recently tested on inspection.

Any ideas how to resolve... I have reset the router twice using a pin and tried again - same issue...

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TP Link WPA 4220 poweline adaptor

Looking at the manual for TP-Link Homeplugs the only light that shows red on these adaptors is the Powerline connection light. This signifies that there is a poor connection with its receiving adaptor (the one you have plugged in elsewhere). Do you get the same issue when the adaptors are plugged in adjacent to eachother? It may be that the adaptors are having issues with your power circuits.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
weeman
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Plug the wired cable into port 4 on the back of the sh3 ?

---========---
http://portforward.com
http://speedtest.net/
0 Kudos
Greenfij
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The red light is to do with connecticity/signal from the actual router- not to do with the extender. 

0 Kudos
Greenfij
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does it matter which port it is plugged into???

0 Kudos