cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP Link RE 230 Mesh

Cooper6125
Tuning in

I’m trying to connect a wiFi hot tub at the bottom of my garden. I have WiFi that I can use at that point but the hot tub will not pick up the signal.

I have bought the TP extender above but that appears to do nothing even though I am connected to the extender. Any advice would be really appreciated..

Thanks

Les

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cooper6125,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi. Do any other devices connect to the third party extender you've purchased? Can you also confirm if devices can connect to the router without issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cooper6125,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi. Do any other devices connect to the third party extender you've purchased? Can you also confirm if devices can connect to the router without issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not surprising really, its a pretty basic device/model.  Is it close to the Tub or not? 

If not, look at getting a better specced external wireless access point and mount it outside. Or get one for inside mounted in clear sight of the Tub

e.g. - Through a patio door, in a conservatory, by the window or thin door, etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I bought this one as it said that it was the latest. It just doesn’t want to seem to extend 😳

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You mean you havent set it up correctly - or you have and its useless? 🙂

Wifi extenders per se are a sticking plaster solution - they do work well in some situations but not in others. I actually use them myself - but mine are high spec Apple Airport Expresses - these are £125 each when new.

When they meet their maker I will replace them with a (or 2) proper wireless access point (ethernet cable connected to my Hub) or with a top spec Mesh system - to guarantee whole home (and garden) coverage at top speeds.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Be careful, some glass these days contain metal and WiFi signals do not penetrate through it very well.

I would recommend the following, mounted outside on the back of your house and connected via Ethernet cable to your hub. It has mesh in its full name, but is not solely a mesh device, cost £84 - 

Ubiquiti Networks UAP-AC-M

better, but a twice the price: 

Ubiquiti Networks UAP-AC-M-PRO

both will give WiFi over a large area.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2