cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP Link Deco m5 setup

nickbagot
On our wavelength

I could not get the Modem mode on the superhub 3 to work preoperly with TP Link mesh system - connected up ok but then 'no internet'. So instead I left the SH3 in Router mode, switched off the wireless and set the Deco m5 to Access Point mode. This now works fine with decent wi-fi all over the house (swoon) but I'm aware it is still sub-optimal. 

Is there a simple way I can switch from this setup to modem mode on the SH3 and router mode on the Decos? Withouth resetting all the boxes and starting again from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Initialise the hub into modem mode and turn it off. Fully initialise the Deco system and then turn in the VM hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Set the Deco to Router Mode with Automatic/DHCP as the connection type.

You can then set the hub to Modem Mode and connect the Deco's

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks. Am I right in thinking the Deco needs to be connected vias the lowest ethernet port on the SH3?

And would I need to power off the Deco before reconnecting?

Cheers, Nick

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Initialise the hub into modem mode and turn it off. Fully initialise the Deco system and then turn in the VM hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nickbagot
On our wavelength

Thanks for the tips. SH3 resisted switching into modem mode at first but now it's all up and running. Finally, rock solid wi-fi from Virgin. I never dreamed it would be possible