cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TFl Wifi on underground

Sufyaan_kazi
Tuning in

Hi, line many people my wife & I are beginning to visit the office after a long time .... I'm a Virgin Media customer and when I use my credentials to log on and access the wifi on London underground this week, both my wife & I could get a wi-fi signal but no internet access. This was at Harrow- On-The-Hill and Victoria Station. Anybody have any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Ben, I am in Android 11 and won't be able to come off it as it's my work phone. I guess that's my problem?

Using the Virgini connect app didn't really help for that reason I guess.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sufyaan_kazi thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that your wife and you have been unable to access WiFi on the underground.  Please can you confirm that you've followed all the steps Here?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee, yes I followed those instructions. It used to work last year pre-pandemic, but but recently

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sufyaan_kazi,

Thank you for coming back to us regarding this issue! I'm sorry to hear that the steps outlined have not worked for you.

Please take a look at the London Underground WiFi FAQ, as there may be some further information that can help resolve your issue.

Have you tried to reboot your devices to see if this can help connect to the WiFi? 

Please keep us updated. Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There seems to be a problem with the open SSID and portal for Virgin Media at the moment.

As long as you aren't on Android 11 (whee there is another known issue) you should use the Connect app to configure your device for the hotspot service - https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/virgin-media-connect-app

Or if you have a Virgin Mobile SIM, you can also follow the instructions here to access the 'Virgin Media' hotspots without the Connect app, which includes the London Underground service - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/sim-wifi-authentication-faqs

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks Ben, I am in Android 11 and won't be able to come off it as it's my work phone. I guess that's my problem?

Using the Virgini connect app didn't really help for that reason I guess.

Indeed - Android 11 does not seem to play nicely with the connect app - VM are working on a fix!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7