cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3 Errors, needing to restart hub to regain connection

lethaltoast
On our wavelength

Hi all,

Or the past 5-7 days I've had my connection knocked offline multiple times per day, more frequently in the afternoon but has happened on many assorted hours of the day. Can't connect or even interface with the router over LAN unless I unplug and replug the router.

Have tried removing all powerline/LAN additions, setting static IP addresses to power-hungry devices and removing them altogether, factory resetting the router and all without any luck. Using the diagnostic tool and calling the the diagnostic line, there are apparently no faults in my area. I heavily rely on this connection as I work from home. Please help urgently. Problems started around 14th Sept.

28 REPLIES 28

Hi @lethaltoast thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing frequent drop-outs.  I have located your account from here and I would like to send out a technician.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @lethaltoast thanks for confirming your details with me.

I have booked the first available technician appointment to attend your property.  If you sign into your online account here, you can view and amend it.

Regards

Lee_R

lethaltoast
On our wavelength

Thanks, I will have a look and update this thread accordingly. 

lethaltoast
On our wavelength

Hi all,

Engineer visited yesterday AM, replaced coax & I think he even mentioned some cabling outside was replaced. Mentioned something about signal blocking being too high.

Nevertheless, I'm still experiencing drops yesterday and today. Disappointing.

@jnbrennand @Lee_R are tou able to advise next steps, please?

I've now been dealing with this issue for over 2 weeks.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Leathaltoast, 

thanks for getting back to us, did the tech advise it needed more work doing to it and if so is there an eta?
Zoie

Hi,

Engineer did not advise any further work was needed. Said he had identified that the signal blocking was too high, replaced coax cable inside and another cable outside and problems are still persisting at least twice per day.

Hi lethaltoast,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear you're still having some problems even after the engineer visit.

I've had a look and your downstream power levels are still slightly out of spec - so we may need to arrange a second engineer visit.

Just before we do, can you please ensure that all the cables are still tight at the back of the hub and try performing a factory reset? It's possible that the engineer may have fiddled with the cables during the visit and they are a bit loose.

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Have dome these necessary checks, problems still persist. 

Thanks.

Please update this support request, it's becoming a little ridiculous now.