Menu
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Syncing problems with booster

I have never ending issue with my hub and booster it seems.

The app always fails in the setup process saying there has been an issue so I end up using the WPS method which does make it kind of work but not fully.

Screenshot_20191019-091215.png

Shot one is my SSIDs on my hub

Shot 2 is the SSIDs on my booster. Just can't ever seen to copy the information over properly.

Screenshot_20191019-091229.png

Any thoughts?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Syncing problems with booster

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your booster, you can find all our information around our booster and all the troubleshooting here.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have been through all that otherwise the SSID on the boosters would have remained the usual VMP prefix SSID that they come with.
As shown above it is not copying the information over correctly.
I'm wondering if this is also related to the many times my booster loses connection and I end up going through the pairing them once or twice a week which Gareth_L had been in touch with me about a couple of weeks ago.

Any other suggestions away from the norm please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi BinghamBloke, 

Can I assume you've performed a pin hole reset again as last advised by Gareth?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes pin hole reset not only on both parts of the boosters but also the hub several times.

With how many times I have to keep adding the booster back into the network as I get the message on the app of the booster seems to have lost the hub login details makes me think there is something wrong with the kit. Each time the booster loses that information I am having to follow the install process from fresh. Then it gets the to copy from the hub part as says look at the trouble shooting information or try again. No matter how many time I start a fresh it doesn't work.

The only way I can get to even partly work is by pressing and holding the WPS buttons on the booster and the hub.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to give an example I get home tonight to find this

Screenshot_20191022-171316.png

Then I scan the back of the booster for the settings password and it attempts to copy over the information and I then get

Screenshot_20191022-171454.png

This will never work no matter how many times and options you do and I end up having to press the WPS to get the information across but as shown above it does not copy across correctly.

It's a never ending cycle of losing information and having to reset everything every day or 2.

0 Kudos
Mastic01
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In stead of Syncing the boosters to the hub which causes a lot of problems just pin hole reset the boosters and use them as a separate connection to the Sh3? 

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Isn't the point supposed to be the devices (most of them mobile) use the same details across the house so as not to lose connection?

I think what you are suggesting is that I have 1 connection for near the hub and then another connection for when it is nearer the booster using the default prefix VMP SSID? I guess I could but not really doing what it's designed for then?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi BinghamBloke,

Did you try the suggestion from the community? Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Using the different name SSID which is VMP9724941 is not really going to help with what the main issue was which is the multi room streaming between the 2 V6s.

They need to be on the same network to see each other so this is why the booster needs to do what it is supposed to do and replicate the network to reach the bedroom box better as when trying to stream it is painful forever dropping out and just not viable.

Not to mention mobile devices having to have both of the connections set up and it will keep dropping from one to the other when if the boosters worked as they should that should be seamless.

Are you saying the boosters supplied are never going to work as they should do and as per the instructions or have I got a faulty set?

0 Kudos