cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching off modem mode in Hub5

plknk
Tuning in

Hi! I switched on modem mode when connected my Velop mash system. Everything worked well, but then I needed to plug in my NVR in Hub5, as it is located next to it and requires LAN connection. Apparently, it did not work while Hub was in modem mode.
I tried to switch off modem mode but my laptop cannot access the control panel (192.168.0.1) when I connected it to Hub via 2.4 port (same result for 5.0 port) - resetting and restarting Hub did not help. Any other advice how to switch it off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @plknk 

You need to use 192.168.100.1

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try 192.168.0.100 when in modem mode.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Does not work either

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @plknk 

You need to use 192.168.100.1

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
connect NVR to your mesh not hub
---------------------------------------------------------------

g0akc
Problem sorter

@plknk wrote:

then I needed to plug in my NVR in Hub5, as it is located next to it and requires LAN connection. Apparently, it did not work while Hub was in modem mode.

only one Ethernet port will be available on the hub when in modem mode 

thats already being used for your mesh system 

therefore connect the NVR or other wired devices to the Ethernet ports on the mesh system.  If you need more ports use an Ethernet switch,  connected to the mesh.

if you really need to turn off modem mode on the hub use the alternative address, or factory reset it

i have had the alternative address become unreachable - power cycling (hub and router/mesh) fixes that 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

this helped - thanks a lot!