cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superpod bought online

mkultra
Tuning in

Hi, I wonder if someone can help, I am a new VM customer, I have the 200mb package, I have fairly decent Wi-Fi in most of the house,

However in my main office, the Wi-Fi is down to 2mb! and sometimes 1mb, the engineer and some CS on the phone, told me I needed the Superpods, however they would cost £5 per month on top of my bill, which is too much at the moment. 

I have purchased 2 VM SuperPod online, via Facebook marketplace, but they wont connect? 

Is there anything VM or anyone can do to help, or have I just bought a every expensive paper weight!!

Any help would be appreciated, all I am trying to do is get descent Wi-Fi In my Office, as I work for the health services this is very important. 

Kind Regards

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mkultra wrote:

Hi, I wonder if someone can help, I am a new VM customer, I have the 200mb package, I have fairly decent Wi-Fi in most of the house,

However in my main office, the Wi-Fi is down to 2mb! and sometimes 1mb, the engineer and some CS on the phone, told me I needed the Superpods, however they would cost £5 per month on top of my bill, which is too much at the moment. 

I have purchased 2 VM SuperPod online, via Facebook marketplace, but they wont connect? 

Is there anything VM or anyone can do to help, or have I just bought a every expensive paper weight!!

Any help would be appreciated, all I am trying to do is get descent Wi-Fi In my Office, as I work for the health services this is very important. 

Kind Regards

It sounds like somebody has ordered the pods from VM and not returned them. They are tied into the original account and address and so won't work elsewhere. The original owner will also be charged up to £50 per unit - see non returned equipment on the page linked below

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides 

I suggest getting in touch with the facebook seller and getting a refund.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mkultra, thank you for reaching out and and I am sorry to see you are having some signal issues.

Unfortunately we do not guarantee WIFI in every room, the only way to fix your issues would be for one these pods.

The ones you have bought from Facebook Marketplace wont work sorry.

This is because every pod is linked to every account and will only work with that account.

If you or anyone in your household  has an O2 account you would eligible for VOLT benefits and this would allow you to get them for free. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?