cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub5 & modem mode. What port & did it work

Mike1726
Joining in

I tried this on my superhub 5 the light went green although I’m a bit unsure as I read mother post that said it should go magenta. Is there a set port & will I have to reboot. According to the screen it should restart in up to 5 mins. Will it do it automatically.

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A Hub5 and also a Hub4 should be green in modem mode, a Hub3 is the only one that should be magenta in modem mode. Any port will do, but best to use the 2.5 one which is port 4.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

That’s what I thought but mines green but not sending anything through to my mesh network. Spoke to virgin media who sent a signal through to it & it worked. I looked at the light this morning & it was white & my virgin media WiFi was back. So basically all the did was reset it back & therefore it was back in router mode which obviously my mesh router works in that but I’m back to having 2 separate WiFi signals. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to setup your Mesh is a specific order for modem mode.  Reset your Mesh back to factory settings.  Setup the Hub in modem mode (green light) and switch it off.  Make sure you Mesh is set to Router mode and the WAN IP is set to DHCP.  Connect a single cable,  Cat 6 preferably, from the Mesh to the Hub. Only then power on the Hub.  After about 5 - 10 minutes, your Mesh system should have a WAN IP from the Hub, and should have internet access.

EDIT - @Tudor beat me to it !  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Follow these instructions:

How to put a VM hub into modem mode:

1) Access your hub on 192.168.0.1, sign on and put it into modem mode. On the Hub3 the bottom LED will change to magenta, on a Hub4 the LED band will be green, on a Hub5 the LED will be green. Best done from a wired connection.

2) Turn off the hub and disconnect any Ethernet cables

3) Fully initialise your own router or mesh master unit and make sure the WAN port is set to DHCP (for some routers or mesh this may have to be done in router mode before entering modem mode)

4) Connect your router or mesh master unit to the VM hub with an Ethernet cable, Cat5e or Cat6, any higher specification is a waste of money. On a Hub5 use port 4.

5) Turn on the VM hub.

6) You should now be able to access the internet and the hub will now be on 192.168.100.1

Note1: this only needs doing once for each new router or when VM changes your WAN IP address.

Note2: If you have a Hub4 and your own router is NOT 192.168.0.1 then it’s possible that you can still access the VM hub on 192.168.0.1

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2