cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub5 DCHP IP Lease

pogit1
Up to speed

So has hub 5 for a week or so and it’s decided it doesn’t want to issue up numbers to devices I can cent with manual setting but not automatically via lan or Wi-Fi.    I’ve reset the hub all ways to no available the virgin media middle ware is the usual rubbish and just doesn’t work. 

anyone know how to release the ip table?

I’ve performed full factory resets, changed modes, changed HDCP settings,  changed lease times but nothing works several devices in the table with no ip address. 

customer service call placed actually got through to someone useful for a change but all he could do was put me to through to a chargeable helpline I’m not paying to fix a hub fault or book a visit for Monday and the installer will be just as pissedboff as me for having to come out for such a stupid reason and then I’ll have to change all my devices to the new hub again…. 

someone must know how to force the hub to actual cleared status not the crrap reset virgin software performs.  I need to clear the ip allocation table and echo settings.

it seems this is a known issue searching here and elsewhere but obviously as per usual customer services are not aware of such a thing. 

14 REPLIES 14

Smart Wi-Fi made no difference

There appears to be two issues at play

1)  DHCP assignment specifically not handling more than a few devices and not releasing and making IPnubers available to be reassigned or used on devices already associated. 

2) any changes to Wi-Fi not being applied correctly (especially with smart Wi-Fi on) the 5GHz band often doesn’t get the new details so remains on the old name or password causing devices not to be able to connect. Some times it’s visibly wrong other times it looks right (externally) but you get connection errors on the slave device this can be conformed by then connecting with either the old details or a mix of old and new.

THIS IS 100% a virgin middle ware problem. ITS TIME TO DITCH THE CUSTOM FACE Virgin Media you don’t have the skills or ability to pre test, fault find or fix issues you create.   Not one Super hub has had less than 10 issues many of them major like these.  
JUST STOP doing what you cannot do! 

SuberHub1 was first available in 2010/11 THATS 13 YEARS OF FAILURE, time to stop meddling! 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@pogit1 wrote:

SuberHub1 was first available in 2010/11 THATS 13 YEARS OF FAILURE, time to stop meddling! 

Mine works just fine in modem mode😁

---------------------------------------------------------------

They all used to work fine in modem mode however the hub five once this problem occurs it’s a pain in the arse to undo it even switching to modem mode doesn’t help.  I mean having something else do the DHCP bits should but if you have a faulty one in the circuit then the problem still exists and let’s face it how many of VMs customers know anything other than turn it off and on again. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can't say I've had any problems with my Hub 5 in modem mode.  It just works like all the other VM Hubs I've had over the years, all in modem mode of course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Have you had this IP address problem though or tried to make any changes to the onboard Wi-Fi before going into modem mode, if not you won’t have had issues.

The point is as always is the hub is actually an okay piece of kit it’s just VMs software management that screws it up.