Menu
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3

Thanks for the info about the V6 box Man LOL

I meant more along the lines of moving the Hub to a more central position in the living room , would this push the signal further

Regards

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/UNDERSTANDING-KEY-ASPECTS-OF-WiFi/td-p/3870...

Have a read of my post in the link above and then form your own opinion. Thick walls don't help much.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just as a follow on point, I hope VM wont have the cheek to charge me for extending the co axial cable in the lounge !!, as it wasn't fit for purpose when installed ,and as the VM  video says you need at least a metre clearance  and with no cable it is  stuck between the TV and chimney breast

Regards

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

As long as you don't tell them about it, they don't care! A lot of people replace the coax cable.

Some goodie two shoes may tell you that not using VM's super duper cables could induce noise in the system that will propagate to other homes; true if it's a badly made cable. But respectable cable makes are fine.

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

yes i am sure i would get away with it.. 

but as it was VM"s mistake in the first place would they come out and change them ?

Also with the new v6 boxes if i order 2 new boxes and if i have read it correctly !  an engineer comes out to check wifi between the 2 anyway 

Regards

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

He/she's a technician, not an engineer. A good one, will be able to set up WiFi between the V6 boxes but may need to be asked.

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So the answer could be to get 2 new V6 boxes, and the Technician could/should sort the wifi out ? Man Surprised

0 Kudos