Menu
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Superhub3

Hi All

A couple of points Can i upgrade to superhub3, for free ? and also will a engineer come and replace the cabling for the hub as the last engineer gave me a 2ft to play with and the router just about pokes out from behind the TV !!, 

I understand this has probably something to do with the lousy wifi from lounge to bedrooms , ( in a flat with solid walls though ) but anything must be an improvement

Cheers

Raquel

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3

I will leave the VM forum team to answer your replacement question (in about a week). But placing the Hub behind a TV is usually a guarantee of bad signal propagation.

Powerline adapters can solve the lounge to bedroom problems.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply , yes you would of thought the original engineer would of known this !!? , I live in a flat as well and the signal doesnt reach the bedrooms or kitchen most of the time Woman Sad

I have the powerline adapters and the although they paired up fine when together, as soon as the apadator was put in the bedroom the connection light stays on Red  sign of a poor signal !

The V+ Box in the bedroom also has a update message but you click continue nothing happens , is that to do with the poor signal ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Are both adapters placed into a wall socket rather than an extension block? Needs to be so.

Btw, which make/model of Powerline?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes both are in the back of the adaptors with Ethernet from boxes to both adaptors, they are TP LINE 1300 I believe

Regards

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you're saying there. Each adaptor must be in its own wall socket not on a mains extender block.

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes each adaptors is in a separate socket in each room  the Virgin boxes are plugged into the back of the adaptors, do you not plug the Virgin boxes to the adaptors ?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Debugging Powerline signal issues can be tedious. I suppose you'd need to start by plugging the slave unit (the one that goes to the V+ box) into another wall socket in the same room as the Master (connected to the VM Hub). Both lights should be yellow/green. Then work outwards, so to speak.

Is the bedroom on a different ring? i.e. on a different fuse from the living room?

RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am beginning to think they are a separate ring !, would a new hub help at all ? moving the hub into the room more would surely help the signal if I had enough cable that is...

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@RAQUEL6 wrote:

I am beginning to think they are a separate ring !, would a new hub help at all ? moving the hub into the room more would surely help the signal if I had enough cable that is...

Ah.  In the bedroom, you'll have a coax cable point for the V+ (btw, VM will upgrade you FoC to a Tivo V6 because the V+ is no longer serviceable).  This means that you can move the Hub to the bedroom.  A coax splitter will be needed to share signal between the Hub and V+.  Of course that will screw wireless to the sitting room!

Another solution is to run an Ethernet cable in mini-trunking round the room(s), through door frame(s) into the V+ bedroom; connect it to a mini-switch that would support both V+ and a separate Wireless access point.

0 Kudos