Menu
mjgroves
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub3-connected devices are not always granted internet access

Starting a couple of weeks ago I observed that devices connecting via both ethernet and wifi to the Superhub 3 would sometimes have no internet access. Devices are always granted full LAN access (I can access the Superhub web interface, a local NAS, etc), however internet access is either granted or not at the time the connection is established. The superhub itself has always had an internet connection, as shown via the 'Internet (Online)' text in the Hub 3.0 status overview.

I can 'reroll the dice' by either unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet cable or by disabling and re-enabling the network adapter. I can tell from the Windows 'Network Connections' interface as to how the negotiation went - successful ethernet and wifi connections display the network name next to the adapter icon whereas failures display 'Unidentified network'. Failed internet-connection attempts appear to take a little longer than successful ones, almost like some sort of timeout may be occurring.

Once that initial network connection has been made its properties will remain consistent for that session i.e. it won't toggle between having and losing the internet connection and vice versa. This persists until the device has to renegotiate the connection (after a sleep, reboot, etc).

This phenomenon has been observed on all devices that use the network:
- 2 desktops (both ethernet and wifi).
- 1 laptop (ethernet).
- 1 NAS (ethernet).
- 4 mobile phones (wifi).
Ethernet connections were made using 3 different cables. As far as I'm aware no changes were made to the network setup prior to the issues appearance.

Bizarrely the % chance of a successful connection seems to be higher now than it was. I've triggered the superhub 'Restore to factory defaults' function twice with no noticeable effect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3-connected devices are not always granted internet access

Hi mjgroves,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following :

Separating wifi modes 2.4 and 5ghz

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID) and the Wifi password (network key).
Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz and click on Apply changes.

Many thanks

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mjgroves
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3-connected devices are not always granted internet access

Hi Emma,

As mysteriously as the issue appeared it seems to have resolved itself. Smiley Indifferent

If it reappears I'll be sure to try your suggestion.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos