Menu
catnamedog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Superhub3 as modem

Hi

I want to use my Superhub 3 as a modem only. I have a Belkin N wifi router which has an RJ11 (ethernet) connector.

How can I convert from RJ11 to the coax RG6 connector on the Superhub?

There are a couple of converters on the market, so can anyone tell me if they are any good? Recommendations please.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3 as modem

you have it wrong - yes you can use the hub as a modem but you need a compatible wifi router - anything that has a RJ11 is a modem router for an ADSL input - in simple terms the internet via a phone line

it may well be possible to use the modem/router - there are threads on here outlining how - other than that google is your friend

Tony
0 Kudos
catnamedog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I realised the stupidity of my question as soon as I hit "send".

Its been a long day...

Thanks any way!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

like i said you can use the router or i think you can - others have posted help on this

Tony
0 Kudos
catnamedog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well, I've done it!

I started from scratch and unplugged everything from the SH3 and Belkin router.

Fortunately, the Belkin software includes an Assistant, so once I realised what I was doing, it was easy.

The SH3 in modem mode glows steady red - something I thought was a fault at first.

The outcome is as I wanted it; good wifi coverage, and an increase in wifi speed.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If it’s only an N WiFi Router you will not get full speeds on WiFi, also need to check that the Ethernet ports support 1G data rate. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
catnamedog
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I bought the N before AC was developed. As I said though, better coverage and higher speed, not max. My broadband generally is poor - I pay for 200mb, but typically get a quarter at best.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you are not getting full speed you need to do something about it. Go into your hub on 192.168.100.1 and post your up/down stream stats and network log as there may be a circuit problem. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

if you get the Unifi AP for home use and have no where or knowledge to run the Cloud software just get the cloud key as well

0 Kudos