Menu
matt120282
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub2 router functions crashing

Hi all

I've recently noticed a problem where my Superhub2 drops Wifi (2g and 5g). If you try and connect to the management interface when this happens, it won't load. However, ethernet connected devices still get internet access when this happens.

I use ethernet-over-powerline for my main PC so it's usually my wife (who has issues as her devices tend to be on the wifi), then when I get called to investigate I realise the wifi has gone off and I can't connect to the hub.

A reboot of the superhub always fixes this but I'm wondering why it's happening? The hub is about 2.5 - 3 years old.

Thanks

Matt

Edit: amended the age of the hub because I remembered we were given a new one to try and resolve another unrelated issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub2 router functions crashing

Hi there matt120282,

Sorry to hear this.

Have you tried Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel in order to potentially improve this type of connection?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
impatient
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you are having a similar problem to many of us. 

Add yourself to the long thread here - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-on-SuperHub-2-dies-multiple-times-every...

0 Kudos
matt120282
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat_J. Thanks for your reply. 

I don't think switching the wireless channel will help, because the functionality of the router is crashing too. If it was just a wifi issue, I should still be able to access the router admin page over a cable, but that completely stops responding.

I think the wider issue that impatient mentioned below sounds like what I am experiencing tbh.

Cheers

Matt

0 Kudos
matt120282
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link Impatient

impatient wrote:

Sounds like you are having a similar problem to many of us. 

Add yourself to the long thread here - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-on-SuperHub-2-dies-multiple-times-every...

It does sound like my issue is the same as this wider problem.

I need to decide if I want to phone up and try and convince them to send an engineer, who would hopefully replace the hub with a SH3, or just buy my own router.

Cheers

Matt

0 Kudos