Menu
Highlighted
Natailiej
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub stoped working wirelessly

My superhub has just suddenly stopped working via wireless. I've tried to contact someone at virgin but I've had no luck. I've reset the router and not had any luck.

It works if I connect via an Ethernet cable but this doesn't help when we work from home and are not near the router. 

Do I need a new superhub and if so how to I go about getting one.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub stoped working wirelessly

check the passwords have not changed if you set your own - check wifi is turned on - things can happen

if those are ok wait here for VM to pick the thread up they shound sort a replacement or ring

Tony
0 Kudos
Natailiej
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have not changed any passwords. I can't see my Wi-Fi as an option on any device I'm trying to use. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Natailiej wrote:

I have not changed any passwords. I can't see my Wi-Fi as an option on any device I'm trying to use. 

What hub is it ?  It could be a problem with the wifi router components or it could be local interference on the wifi or a connection issue.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Natailiej
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It has super hub on the back. It hasn't been working for the last two days.

@jbrennand wrote:

@Natailiej wrote:

What hub is it ?  It could be a problem with the wifi router components or it could be local interference on the wifi or a connection issue.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This might help you identify the exact model (it should also be on the label on the base where the password is

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

It also tells you how to connect you own router (if you have one) to restore a wifi network to your house.  If not see if you can borrow one, or  buy your own good quality router - it is the best option in the long run if you really "depend" on wifi

You should also post your upstream & downstream and network logs on here to see if there is a connection issue - do you know how to get them ?

Finally you can then lobby VM to swap your Hub for a new one.  Can be tricky as they only guarantee a wired connection, not wanting to hand out new Hubs to customers who only have a transient local wifi issue - but you usually get one in the end

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos