Menu
steedycat
Tuning in
Message 61 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

I unplug it from the mains every night.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 62 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

I see, OK that should not cause this. I will need to have a closer look at this, I am going to send you a private message.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
procurator
On our wavelength
Message 63 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Exact same problem here:

Set up my own passwords etc, change all my devices so they connect using new passwords, all devices connect OK with new passwords, unplug superhub, plug superhub in again, all passwords and settings on superhub have reset back to supplied original, devices cannot re-connect and require passwords rolled back.

Superhub has failed to store/recover changes made prior to power reset.

Please help.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 64 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Can you put the hub into modem mode and get internet on one PC connected to the hub then power off the hub and on. If it resets you need a new hub.

0 Kudos
procurator
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Put the hub into modem mode and connected to internet OK. Switched hub off and on again and hub did remain in modem mode after restart. So I changed back to router mode then set a new wifi network name and password, applied changes, 'new' network visible, but once again the changes did not survive power off/on and hub has reset to its defaults.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 66 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Well the good news is modem mode does not have this bug so you can try a pin hole reset for 30 seconds, ask for a new hub or get your own router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

Spoiler

On another note this clearly means VM are not trying the have you tried turning it off and on with settings.Smiley Indifferent