Menu
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 51 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

@Joe_F wrote:

I see, are you able to connect that into a socket in the wall, this could be causing a power issue.

Thanks Joe_F

How can this be a power issue? It either has power or it doesn't. If it loses power, it reboots, not resets. Just send him another Hub 3 to try. I've had the Hub 3 for nearly 3 years, one of the original white ones, it's in router mode and plugged in at an extension lead. It's crap, but I've never had this reset issue.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
galthop
Joining in
Message 52 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

Looks like it is related to power. I unplugged it for a few minutes and after it had lost the WiFi settings, router password, port forwarding and port filtering but the DHCP reservations were not lost. The last two times everything was lost.

@Joe_F wrote:

Cheers, keep us posted if this issue arises again, we may need to look into this in more depth.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
procurator
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Just tried changing my wifi password & network name to a more secure one. Saved the new settings. All fine and my wifi devices connected to the new configuration with the new password. Switched the superhub off and on again and all my secure configuration settings have all gone and the the superhub settings are back to the factory network name and password. I did not perform a factory reset, just switched it off as one does when not needing it wasting electricity. Surely this is a faulty superhub if it can be compromised by simply turning the power on/off. If so please arrange for a replacement superhub to be sent out.

Kind regards

Kenny

0 Kudos
PeterCass1
Tuning in
Message 54 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issue for a while now..  A simple reboot and the Hub 3.0 is back to factory settings. Very annoying..

Standard specification compliant: DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version: 10
Software version: 9.1.1802.610

Any help would be much appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 55 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Hi, PeterCass1.

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry you're having this issue.

Is your Hub's PSU plugged into an extension socket? If so please connect directly to a wall-mounted socket and monitor.

If it is and it's still happening, we can look into this further and we should be able to provide a replacement to see if this resolves the issue. We can do this via online chat.

Let us know how it goes.

Rule_C

0 Kudos
procurator
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I've now experienced 2 months of waiting for a response to this issue. Does no one at VM want to take the opportunity to make this right?

Regards

Kenny

@procurator wrote:

Just tried changing my wifi password & network name to a more secure one. Saved the new settings. All fine and my wifi devices connected to the new configuration with the new password. Switched the superhub off and on again and all my secure configuration settings have all gone and the the superhub settings are back to the factory network name and password. I did not perform a factory reset, just switched it off as one does when not needing it wasting electricity. Surely this is a faulty superhub if it can be compromised by simply turning the power on/off. If so please arrange for a replacement superhub to be sent out.

Kind regards

Kenny

0 Kudos
steedycat
Tuning in
Message 57 of 66
Flag for a moderator

My HUB 3 defaults to the factory password and SSID every time I restart it in the mornings. This is annoying because I would like to change the password to a more secure one as the router settings page on the web browser says this password (as printed on the bottom of the router) is not very strong, but every time I change it and click "Apply" it only saves it until the next reboot when it defaults to factory settings again and I have to change the settings on all my devices to be connected to Wi-Fi. Very annoying! I have been a Virgin customer for over 15 years so please sort this out for me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 58 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that steedycat,

Does this happen every time you reboot the hub, also by reboot how are you doing this?

If you are using the pinhole button on the back of the hub, this would revert the hub to default settings.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
steedycat
Tuning in
Message 59 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I used to have a different name for the 2.4k and 5k signals so I could see which one my various devices could connect to but these two passwords have stopped being "stored" in the Hub's memory, so now I just use the one default password (on router base) and then just this one SSID name is displayed on my devices (VMxxxxxx) so I have to trust that the devices and the hub are all connecting at 5k rather than 2.4k.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 60 of 66
Flag for a moderator

OK steedycat, Can you confirm how you are rebooting the hub, its not the pinhole reset is it?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos