Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 41 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

Thanks, Your hub is it plugged into an extension or straight into the wall galthop?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
galthop
Joining in
Message 42 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

It is connected directly to the box on the wall where the virgin cable comes in to the house.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I see, are you able to try this is another socker / plug? Just so we can rule out a power issue 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 44 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Try the hub in modem mode it likely will not reset to defaults then go get a wireless router with 1Gb ports.

0 Kudos
galthop
Joining in
Message 45 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to buy a separate router when I already pay virgin for one.

@legacy1 wrote:
Try the hub in modem mode it likely will not reset to defaults then go get a wireless router with 1Gb ports.

0 Kudos
galthop
Joining in
Message 46 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I thought you meant the cable wire. The hub power is connected to an extender but so are other things which are fine. 

Also, why would losing power reset the settings? It does not normally if I switch the power off and other devices don't lose their settings if power goes off.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 47 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I see, are you able to connect that into a socket in the wall, this could be causing a power issue.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
galthop
Joining in
Message 48 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I'll connect it directly to the wall and see what happens.

@Joe_F wrote:

I see, are you able to connect that into a socket in the wall, this could be causing a power issue.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 49 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, keep us posted if this issue arises again, we may need to look into this in more depth.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 50 of 66
Flag for a moderator

It could well be a vulnerability in router mode that given packets can make it reset.

0 Kudos