Menu
marcus85
Settling in
Message 11 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

Hello Heather_J,
I have the exact same issue but I have a Hub 3.0. Once every 3 weeks it resets to factory settings forcing me to re-configure wifi name/password and guests networks again. Not to mention that every time this happen my flatmates are not able to connect until I am back from work.

Can you please help me?
Thank you,
M

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

Hi marcus85,

Heather's not here right now, hope you don't mind me replying instead Smiley Happy

Your issues differs to others on this thread in that the Hub 3 seems to have resolved the issues they reported. As you already have a Hub 3 I would like to check a couple of things with you.

• You mention the resets occur every 3 weeks, which is rather precise. Is this on any specific day and at any particular time? I'd like to cross reference with our data.
  • Is your Hub's PSU plugged into an extension socket? If so please connect directly to a wall-mounted socket and monitor.

Let me know of anything else that might be pertinent and I'll see what we can do for you.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
veloMaster
Joining in
Message 13 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same problem with my Hub 3.0. I've tried changing the password several times and by the next day it's back to default on all settings

Please advise

Thanks

0 Kudos
GarryO
Joining in
Message 14 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I've just got a plain old Superhub and this has happened to me for the third time this week. It's not happened before. I'm guessing the Superhub could need replacing? As others have said it's a security issue and also very anoying as all devices conected to the router lose connetion unit I change the settings back. What are the next steps to solve this please?

Garry

0 Kudos
GarryO
Joining in
Message 15 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I've just re-read my post..... sorry for the rubbish spelling mistakes!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 56
Flag for a moderator

You can call up and see if they can post a new one to you
0 Kudos
madandy64
Joining in
Message 17 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Forum team,

i also am having this same problem, hub resets once or twice a day/during the night. Driving me and the family nuts.

I have the hub 3.0 VMDG505/TG2492LG-Vm.

think i got it feb of this year as my old one was not working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi madandy64,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read the router is resetting itself. I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can arranged for a replacement to be sent to you.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Scooby64
Joining in
Message 19 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I have a superhub 1 and have been constantly getting this issue where the setting revert back to their default settings on a weekly basis.

I contacted customer services but i was only given the option to pay for a replacement or go through the fault team which requires me to be at home.

I seem to be jumping through a lot of hoops to replace some very old kit with a known issue

0 Kudos
madandy64
Joining in
Message 20 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

thanks for the response, i spoke to customer services this morning (about continued loss of broadband) and mentioned the hub issue as well. Was advised to use the reset button on back of router, it's been 6 hours and not had the default reset so far, fingers crossed it worked. If not i'll reply to you re: a/c info. 

thanks

0 Kudos