Menu
Highlighted
Dangelus
Joining in
Message 21 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue. Superhub 1 has resets itself regularly and twice now in as many weeks, lost all my settings. Can you please arrange for me to receive a new router please?

I await your DM Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 22 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

Afternoon all,

Thanks madandy64 for posting back here. I'm glad there have been no more resets. If there are any further issues, by all means get back in touch.

Scooby64 and Dangelus - I've sent you both a PM with details for you to confirm for me please to send you a replacement router.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dangelus
Joining in
Message 23 of 56
Flag for a moderator

thank you, I have responded to your PM Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
joulsmg
Joining in
Message 24 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hiya 

We have exactly the same problem with our VMDG480 router. This morning (2nd time in a few months), upon rebooting the router , the SSID that I had set as well as the strong password were both reset to default settings. This is really inconvenient as all of the connected devices have their associated wifi passwords reset. Please can we be sent a replacement router ? I can't fault our Virgin broadband service though - excellent but if this router (the login page for router admin reports copyright 2010 so it looks to be getting on a bit Smiley Happy ) can be replaced that would be great ?

0 Kudos
joulsmg
Joining in
Message 25 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Sorry this line should say :

as all of the connected devices have require their associated wifi passwords reset

0 Kudos
danjob
Joining in
Message 26 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Ive just joined the forums to reply to this as Ive had a relatively happy service other than speed issues (Im on 100MB, but more often than not get between 45-70) for the last 12 months.

This same issue started for me last week, and has just happened again today, I have to login, change my passwords back to another complex one other than the default one, until I do that all my attached wifi devices wont work and Im not always around to do that.

Can you please PM me to arrange a new hub ?

Thank you

Danny

0 Kudos
joulsmg
Joining in
Message 27 of 56
Flag for a moderator

hi Virgin Community Moderators please can I have some action on my query ?  I was promised a call back (within 3 to 4 hours) when I originally raised a support call last Monday morning with Virgin Tech support that I have not received and as yet I haven't had any response to this forum message ??

0 Kudos
joulsmg
Joining in
Message 28 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi , still no reply to this post . The Virgin Online support chat is also offline each time I visit. Guys this customer support experience is not looking great at the moment Smiley Sad Please can someone respond to this ?? 

0 Kudos
sghk200
Tuning in
Message 29 of 56
Flag for a moderator

This reset is happening every few days with me. Virgin just put their prices up, and continue to provide rubbish services. Question is whether other providers are any better. Sky is a possibility and have reduced prices for 18 months. Just dont have time to spend and hour getting through to Virgin on the phone.

0 Kudos
danjob
Joining in
Message 30 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fellow posters, 

I think this has been marked as solved so no one will even touch this I guess.

Maybe a new thread needs to be created ?

0 Kudos