Menu
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub replacement

Maybe it was in router mode and you did not know or you only had one device connected getting the WAN IP.

0 Kudos
MadMonk
Tuning in
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It was working previously for years with Hub2. in Modem only mode.

With Hub3, now it doesn't work at all. 

Maybe the magic pixies have been exterminated by the Virgin tribe of magic trolls?

0 Kudos
MadMonk
Tuning in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Maybe what was in router mode?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

"Maybe what was in router mode?"

Legacy means the Hub ! If it was (unbeknown to you) actually in router mode it would be broadcasting a wifi signal for any extener to extend.

You need to establish exactly what the Solwise devices are - my lad uses Solwise devices for his gaming - but his are definitely not a router.

So look at the specs and tell us exactly what they are.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MadMonk
Tuning in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Seeing that I put the hub(2) in modem mode with my own bare hands, your suggestion is quite unlikely.

I do not understand your second suggestion...

0 Kudos
oflix
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the suggestions. To be honest I dont want to run in modem mode with another piece of unnecessary equipment.

I would rather the equipment I have already worked correctly.

Eeeps
Superfast
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Of course if there is no NAT router involved then this 'set-up' (I use the phrase loosely) would work for one device at a time.

Each device would issue a DHCP request to the VM network and may get an external IP address.

If some help is required then details of the 'set-up' are required plus some diagnosis.

->OP; when in modem mode what does the network config show on one connected device (only one connected; all other devices off).

p.s. The SH3 is (now) fine. Also, I use my old SH2 as a (free) wireless access point rather than passing it to some offshore land fill!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi oflix,

Thanks for posting.

My apologies for the broadband issues. We can certainly replace the hub for you, as you're moving from a 2 to a 3, we can do this free of charge. If you'd like me to do this, let me know and I can send you a quick PM as we'll be discussing security details regarding the account and the delivery.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
oflix
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sounds good. I'll look for a PM, thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@MadMonk wrote:

Seeing that I put the hub(2) in modem mode with my own bare hands, your suggestion is quite unlikely.

I do not understand your second suggestion...

What Solwise devices?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos