Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub problem - Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Hi,

I have a VM Superhub which was working fine until this Thursday. Now I can't connect to the internet either by ethernet or WiFi. All blue lights are on on the hub & the green light is on on the back of the hub by the ethernet cable. I've run the Windows Networks Diagnostic tool which says troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix the issue found which is that "Local Area Connection" doesn't have  valid IP configuration.

Please help, really need my connection to be working especially at the moment! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub problem - Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Try rebooting the Hub, if that doesn't work do a factory reset.

Instructions for Hub 3

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub problem - Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Thanks. Tried reboot & reset but the hub still isn't working.

Seems like there's a fault with the Superhub. There's now an orange light at the back of the hub by the ethernet cable instead of green. Tried phoning Virgin Media for hours today but couldn't speak to anyone, was just kept holding on the line with music playing.

Please can somone from VM DM me asap with regards to getting a replacement for the faulty hub? Urgently need my broadband connection back working properly. 

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you & receiving a replacement hub soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,4 - to get through to retentions - you have a good chance of getting a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that they think that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you for it - do NOT accept that (except for a small delivery charge) - come back here for more assistance. Also, it should NOT start you a new contract – don’t accept that if they try.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seren11,

Really sorry that you're still having issues with the services as discussed over on Twitter. 

I can certainly have a closer look at getting a replacement hub sent out as quickly as possible, to do this I'll send you a PM. 

Just a heads up though we do finish at 10pm this evening so it might not get picked up until 8am tomorrow, I'll certainly do my best to do it this evening though. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos