Menu
snicholson
Joining in
Message 71 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub keeps resetting itself

Hi

I have been having what sounds like a similar problem.

My router reset itself a few times running up to Christmas, wireless SSID etc reset.  The admin password to login was also seemingly reset so I could no longer login.  This happened 2 or 3 times and when I contacted the VM team they ran some tests and said everything was fine!

Yesterday the same happened so the SSID etc were all reset again, again my old admin password no longer worked.

I had to do a factory reset to put everything back to defaults in order to login and then set it all up again.  Then contacted VM support to see if there was a fault on the line etc but again was told they could see the router was online and all looked OK.

This morning the same has happened. SSID no longer appears and no-ones devices can connect.  Obviously support is offline today as its Sunday so can't contact them before I reset the router again.

Getting frustrated now with this happening again and having to re-apply the hub settings but being told by support that there's nothing wrong.

Was the only solution a new router?  Is the admin password reset what other people were seeing with this fault?

Thanks

Shaun

Edit: router downstream and upstream screens attached.

router_1.PNGrouter_2.PNG

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 72 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Is that a Superhub 1? If it is, then it's 10 years old and a useless piece of kit anyway.

If it's a SH2, then there's a know wireless issue.

In both the above circumstances, the VM bods will offer you a new Hub 3 when they get to this thread in a week's time.

That said, the stats at the particular snapshot look perfectly good. But the T4 timeouts are not accompanied by T3s. So it may be that your downstream has glitched a few times which prevents keep-alives from being returned to the VM end; hence the T4 events which reset your hub. The VM bods may be able to comment on that.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
snicholson
Joining in
Message 73 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

It's a SH2.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 74 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaun,

As Seph has suggested your Hub could do with a swap out by the sound of things, I'll drop you a PM so we can make some arrangements.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wannabecanuck
Tuning in
Message 75 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Sorry to jump on this forum as well but is there any chance you could arrange a replacement for me too?

I have an old superhub1 which has been restarting at least once a day for the past 8 months! the restarts are getting more and more frequent. - lately 3-5 times a day and usually defaulting to factory settings meaning I lose all SSID information and passwords etc. 

Many thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 76 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hello wannabecanuck,

Thank you for reaching out to Virgin media Community.

Sorry to see you're having service issues.

Can you check out our service page for any faults/information concerning your hub by running some test, all you need to do is log-in to run diagnostics.

We'll be looking forward for your response.
-Japhet_F

0 Kudos
wannabecanuck
Tuning in
Message 77 of 81
Flag for a moderator

hi Japhet, 

thanks for the prompt response. 

I have run the test and it says there aren't any issues, however my hub still reboots frequently. I am finding this happens usually when it is under load i.e. downloading or watching streaming video. 

Please advise what the next steps are. 

Best regards 

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 78 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us, Wannabecanuck .

Thank you for the steps you have already taken to try and resolve this issue and sorry that it remains unfixed. Are you available to talk to our Web chat team today? Our team will be able to check on your account and do some  troubleshooting steps with you. We can do this via online chat.

Let me know how it goes.

^Nina_S

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 79 of 81
Flag for a moderator

What is the point of having a Forum Team if all they can do is point the suffering user to a very poor online chat ‘service’?

is it that VM has not provided the diagnostic tools to the Forum Team, which they did have in the Swansea days? And if so, why?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Andruser
Well-informed
Message 80 of 81
Flag for a moderator

What is the point of having a Forum Team if all they can do is point the suffering user to a very poor online chat ‘service’?

You already know the answer: Because it's all about keeping costs down for VM, regardless of service quality.  I'd guess that the chat service is provided by the same third world prison that hosts Virgin Media's first line tech "support" and customer "service", and the inmates are paid a quarter or less of the cost of VM's UK based staff (I'm not assuming that they're paid as such, but VM would have to pay the prison authority to use convict labour).

Roll on the (probably long distant) day when Openreach offer FTTP or G.fast in my area, and I have a choice of supplier.