Menu
Pichulec
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Superhub keeps loosing connection every day

Hello. I have problem in the house. Our superhub 1 keeps loosing connection every day. We are lucky if we have internet for few hours. Sometimes can be days before it connect again, rebooting help only sometimes. We live in shared house and we don't have access to Virgin Media account, so no means to report it over the telephone to vm staff (obviously they will request account details). Any clues what it can be?? Is it superhub dying or what?? When internet is working, then is working fine. 

________________________________________________________________________________

If you need help with configuration of network device, feel free to ask.
0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub keeps loosing connection every day

you still have a superhub1 ?
you either have a fault on the line or a faulty hub - either way you would need to report it but if you don't have access to the account then you can't.

get the account holder to report the issue.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The account holder can request a Hub3 replacement online, using the "free" Hub3 replacement scheme - see the link below.
If they get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when they call, go through options 1,1,4,5 - to get through to retentions - they will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that you aren’t deemed eligible and they will want to charge them - do not accept that - come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Pichulec
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Some time ago, our old hub has been replaced to superhub 3. It was a bit better for some time and now again, disconnects every 5minutes...

________________________________________________________________________________

0 Kudos
Pichulec
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thats how it usally looks like in the night.

https://i.imgur.com/OnABuJI.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pichulec,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your router.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click mon the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Pichulec
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Promises promises. Few days past and no one even looked at our connection. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Your BQM looks awful but its only "partial" from one day - post up your latest one for the last 24 hours.

Also, Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if they can spot a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) or the text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the downstream, upstream, & network logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Pichulec
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Current BQM

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fedfa1dee4afeb486e91b57da46ef7c292...

I will post hub stats when i come back home from work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Blimey that looks bad :-)
I suspect that only a technicians visit will be able to sort it out - but posting the stats will help the experts with the diagnosis

--------------------
0 Kudos