Menu
owen_partridge
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Superhub issues

I regularly have issues with my Superhub (1) where after a period of time, the network provided by it is absolutely terrible. 

It is ok for one of my devices that is reserved and demilitarized, but all the other various devices seem to impact each other's connection. 

This issue is usually fixed by a reboot. I've had this Superhub for about 4 years now.

Also the wireless signal is poor from anywhere other than the room it's in.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub issues

SH1 is a museum piece now. Call it in as a fault - follow the "thinking of leaving" options to get to cancellations - you should get a uk person. Tell them you are thinking of leaving because of the SH1 being rubbish and they should sort you out with a new Hub3

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes. And make sure you insist it's a fault replacement. Don't let them talk you into paying for postage or starting a new contract.

0 Kudos
owen_partridge
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've only just signed up for a new contract (in October) - will this matter?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The super hub 1 can run for many years and is stable in modem mode so you could use it in that mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

But if you can get the hub 3 for free you can give it a go.

0 Kudos
owen_partridge
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys. I've read a lot about Superhub 3 and that it isn't very good due to latency issues.

Is there any truth in this? I play online gaming and stream a lot of content.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@owen_partridge wrote:

Thanks guys. I've read a lot about Superhub 3 and that it isn't very good due to latency issues.

Is there any truth in this? I play online gaming and stream a lot of content.

That was true - it has been supposedly fixed by the latest firmware update (ends xx.608).  You would need to check from other gamers/users how well that fix has worked.  Also, as of last year end, that firmware update hadn't been rolled out to all customers - would be worth checking with friends/neighbours in your area with a Hub3 whether it has been updated for your locale.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos