cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub connection keeps dropping

Baxterthefirst
Joining in

Hi, my Superhub loses connection every 5 minutes for a few hours at time. Some days it's fine.  The double arrow LED goes to flashing green, then back to blue and then 5 mins later it drops again. WiFi is fine (I have external mesh WiFi). The hub is probably 7 years old. Do I need a new one or should I book an engineer? Right now its making working from home impossible.

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

Set up a BQM and provide a link to it here - it will prove any loss of connection to your hub.

Also post the data from the hub status pages at 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode).  No need to login to see the tables of data. Should show any errors, power levels and so on. DO NOT post any personal details such as IP address or MAC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

If you are working from home look at getting business broadband.  Residential broadband, which I guess you are on, is intended for domestic use with no SLAs etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Baxterthefirst, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your connection dropping. Taking a look at things this side, we can see there is an issue with some of the power levels on your hub. The intermittency is also being detected so we will need to get an engineer out to you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs