Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub changed its own wifi password ?

I know this sounds odd however its 100% accurate.

One of my connected devices stopped working. A Network printer which can only connect via the 2.4GHz signal.

I assumed the printer was broken, but on investigation I realised it just couldn't print over wifi.

Whilst problem solving the printer I went into the Hub settings and to my amazement the 2.4 password had changed? I put the "new" password into the printer and it started working again.

The password was changed to a random 12 digit numerical/letter string.

The 5GHz password had not changed. I should add here that both passwords were initially the same. Also that I had recently rebooted the hub due to very slow internet. Also and not surprisingly there were no devices connected to 2.4 (password had changed right) and all other devices were on the 5GHz.

What could have changed the password, why, and is it a security issue ? Ive never come across this before.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I doubt anyone knows for certain why the password changed...

I doubt anyone knows for certain why the password changed within the magical & mysterious world of wiggly amps.

If you are worried about the security Go back into the Hub settings and change the Wi-Fi and Settings passwords.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub changed its own wifi password ?

There’s been some iffy firmware updates recently and that seems to be one of the anomalies that comes with it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos