cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub and Velop

qsvm123
Tuning in

Hi all,

Up upgraded from Apple AirPort Time Capsule to Linksys Velop mesh network. The hub worked in Modem mode with Apple AirPort but it does not work in Modem mode with Linksys Velop. 

So currently its in Router Mode with Wi-Fi off, are there any solution here? 

Also the Linksys Velop is running really bad with 3 nodes, around 100mb on Wi-Fi connected devices when AirPort used to give me around 300ish.

This morning its actually terrible. The nodes are wired into the switch too.

I would appreciate your advise.
Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Hey all - I still cant get this working, the modem work does not work. Its causing me real issues at home. I now have my own family screaming at me. Is there anything else I can try? We are all working from home and its becoming very challenging :'(

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
what Velop is it?

with hub in router mode connect only the Velop by its WAN port to the hub login to the Velop check its got a IP and set to AUTO or DHCP then go to 192.168.100.1 change to modem mode if after 5min no connection power off the hub and Velop for 2mins then power on the hub wait 3min then turn on Velop.

If still nothing connect only a PC to the hub power off for 2mins then on and if needed unplug replug the Ethernet cable then connect and log in the Velop find the MAC clone option and enter your MAC of the PC that got internet then connect the Velop to the hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your reply! I will grab the model later later. When I go to settings it says "whw03bv2" but ill grab the retailer m/n.

When I plug the velop into modem on my Mac the internet does not work either, do I need to change network settings to manual like the screenshot? I even put the modem I.P and subnet mask as 255 and does not work

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 14.32.36.png

Thank you for your help, your such a kind human!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
What the hell is “Using DHCP with manual address”? What other options do you have as that will not work.

---------------------------------------------------------------