cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 5 MTU.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed this in my Superhub 5 settings.

Gateway MTU size
(1280-1500)

I swear I set this back to 1500 and saved it, but after the power off and on it's come back.

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Why meddle?  VM and the hardware maker will have chosen that for a reason, and it's unlikely you, I or the shout-your-brain-spewers of the internet will know better.  If you're suffering performance problems, it won't be that at fault.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thanks for that insightful reply.

As a programmer of some 36 years when I see a caption saying 1200-1500 and you can put in 1978 , and it doesn't save your settings when it says it has,  I think "hmmmmmm" particularly as this new hub has been nothing but trouble.

Ha! I spotted this as well and went straight to Google for an answer and this thread turned up!

It seems a little odd considering the maximum MTU is 1500 (unless using jumbo frames) (https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/network-layer/what-is-mtu/). I'll put it down to a drunken developer making a typo 😉

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably meant to be 1478. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jsat
Tuning in

You have to set the MTU to 1499. Then save changes. Then set it to 1500 and save changes. Once u do this it won’t reset when u go back in the settings to check. It will however reset every time you restart or reset your router. Why it has to be this way? I haven’t the slightest clue. But it works this way.