cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 4 won’t factory reset and doesn’t show in WiFi list

Lucas0224
Joining in

Hi,

joined VM relatively recently, not had major issues until yesterday morning.

superhub 4 suddenly not connecting to anything, doesn’t show as an option in WiFi list and won’t reset to factory settings.  I’ve tried turning off and on, tried hard reset for 10/20/60 seconds holding in the reset button on the back, and tried unplugging any Ethernet cables.

No issues in local area per the status checker.

trying to run a test through the VM site just says it’s taking longer to complete than it should then closes out of it.

any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’d checked via the website and it said no issues. Just called the number in your post and no issues in local area.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call in again and see what they say when they test your connection. n.b.- calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

Are you still within the 14days cancellation period since installation?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Outside of 14 days - think it was mid-end July that the kit was delivered and we plugged in.

do you think it actually is connection related?  It seems like the hub is just frozen in its state no matter what we do. Could it be the hub instead?

it’s strange because usually with a router I’ve found I can still connect even if there is a problem with the connection, whereas with this it isn’t even showing as if the device exists…

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a reset again like this as it can be problematic....
-----------------

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Then leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Should the solid white light change at all during the reset?

just tried it as you’ve suggested with an earring pin, no change unfortunately…

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have never even seen a Hub4 - so someone who has needs to comment on that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lucas0224, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your hub. Looking into it using your forum info I can see that an appointment has already been arranged for you, please keep us updated with the out come of that - or let us know if we can help with anything else.

Tom