cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 4 request

NeiceyC
Joining in

Hi, i have always had wifi issues with the superhub 3, tried pretty much every suggestion, friend told me today that i could have swapped to a superhub 4 over xmas online for free (too late now) have tried ringing customer services today but clearly there are major issues with that, anyone from the vm team help with a free upgrade?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the 4 is no better than the 3 for wifi - there are many solutions for bad wifi - most of them involve other kit

but have you split the wifi bands and turned off smart wifi - if not that could help - after that its down t better wifi equipment

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

@gary_dexter wrote:

If you’re running in modem mode it makes no difference which hub you have

true but its obvious the OP want to not run in modem mode and hopes the hub4 would allow that 🤔

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the 4 is no better than the 3 for wifi - there are many solutions for bad wifi - most of them involve other kit

but have you split the wifi bands and turned off smart wifi - if not that could help - after that its down t better wifi equipment

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you -tony- yes to both of those, am currently in modem mode with Netgear Nighthawk R7500, but the mess of two routers annoys me, my logic here is surely the 4 is an improvement over the 3 at least enough to get by using just that and not my jumble of wires.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

@gary_dexter wrote:

true but its obvious the OP want to not run in modem mode and hopes the hub4 would allow that 🤔

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I would like to just have a Virgin Media router that can provide wifi coverage in my home, as i said i would like to do away with the modem mode setup and have better wifi than a superhub 3 on it's own 🙂

@NeiceyC wrote:
I would like to just have a Virgin Media router that can provide wifi coverage in my home, as i said i would like to do away with the modem mode setup and have better wifi than a superhub 3 on it's own 🙂

You’ll never get good Wifi from a Virgin hub by itself. Ever. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NeiceyC wrote:

Despite what I and everyone else on here will say , it is a fact that for >90% of VM's ~5m BB customers the Hub does do that.  My mate around the corner thinks the Hub3 is the best router money can buy (we all disagree!)  🙂

Otherwise there would be tens of thousands of complaints on here and elsewhere and the mighty VM Marketing Department would be insisting something gets done about it.  In response though, VM have now introduced wifi Pods for customers who do have wifi issues  

Its just that some customers live in a challenging wifi environment and the Hub cannot overcome that.  One of my other mates lives in a modest house built with iron rich Victorian red bricks - and he essentially lives in a Faraday cage that the Hub wiifi cannot penetrate !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I get excellent WiFI speeds all round the house, almost up to the 50MB speed I am on, with a SH3…..

thanks