cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 wireless channels

pedrot99
Tuning in
Spoiler

Im hoping someone can help me.  Ive been having issue with wifi connection drop outs where one device is fine and has internet connection but a device next to it will have intermittent connection.

Manually selecting a different wifi channel seems to resolve the issue however the hub keeps changing this back to channel 44 and the issue returns.  Ive tried resetting the hub with no joy.  Anyone got any suggestions?  Channel optimisation is disabled.

12 REPLIES 12

I was on the pod trial and "apparently" for them to work correctly, channel optimisation has to be enabled on the router. Pod will handshake and connect.
You will be on default channels and after an undefined period of time (days) the smart (haha) bit kicks in and it will pick the best channels for your RF environment.

I spent days watching the RF around me and every now and then it seemed like the pod stopped working, blasted out a hidden SSID and returned to default. Always reverted default congested channels on both 2.4 and 5Ghz and never moved. Packaged back up and posted back.

EAB2021
On our wavelength

@beaker656 wrote:
I was on the pod trial and "apparently" for them to work correctly, channel optimisation has to be enabled on the router. Pod will handshake and connect.
You will be on default channels and after an undefined period of time (days) the smart (haha) bit kicks in and it will pick the best channels for your RF environment.

I spent days watching the RF around me and every now and then it seemed like the pod stopped working, blasted out a hidden SSID and returned to default. Always reverted default congested channels on both 2.4 and 5Ghz and never moved. Packaged back up and posted back.

Optimisation makes my connection drop constantly and means I can't use virgin if I'm on zoom calls. I've re-enabled it in the hub menu, the pod has reconnected and the 5ghz channels have moved itself to 108. But I'm sure it'll start dropping out again soon. 

I'm certain I've had them working with the network split and different channels chosen manually, however. It's only since they made me reboot the hub to get the increased speed that it started dropping again.

The pods are the worst bit of tech I've ever had the misfortune to come across. The first one just started making a loud noise, as if there was a fan going constantly, then gave up working. The second stopped presumably after I changed the channels. The third connected fine, presumably with the channels separated, but unless i 'optimise' it will start flashing away again and essentially be useless

Sorry to hear you are now having issues with your wifi pod @EAB2021.

Just to clarify has the issue been resolved since the last posting? Have you also tried troubleshooting your wifi pod as seen here? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs