Menu
dazzag
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 reset problems

Hi all

I've been trying to reset my superhub 3 (using the pin hold).  I've followed all the guides, and held the reset 'button' in for around 90 seconds - not the 20 suggested in the guide - in fact I've done it for 40, 60 and 90 seconds, and then switched the power off to the hub for around 60 seconds.  It's not resetting.

It boots back up and all the settings (my bespoke wifi SSID/password etc) are the same.

The main reason I'm resetting is to change the admin password, as I want to change some settings.  It's not accepting the password on the bottom of the router (I know it's different to the wifi password), nor any other password I might have changed it to (I've also tried Changeme1).  I assumed I'd forgotten the password hence the reset, but now it won't reset I'm less confident it's me at fault and thinking it's probably the hub!

Any ideas? Pretty annoying really.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
dazzag
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 reset problems

Can anyone help me with this?  Can't access or reset the hub... doesn't sound good...

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazzag,

That sounds like an unusual issue. I just want to double check before we send a replacement hub out, Are you able to sign into the admin pages (192.168.0.1) and if so have you tried a factory reset from there? 

If you've already tried these options or there's a problem signing into the admin pages in the first place let us know and we'll get a replacement sent out ASAP.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
dazzag
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.  I can get to the admin log on on screen, but when I try my password(s), including the default password on the bottom of the router (not the wifi password), none of them work, hence why I wanted to factory reset with the pin hole.  But it won't factory reset using the pin method.  It used to work when I last tried it (6 months ago ish) and I'm sure I haven't changed the password to something too random so it doesn't seem to very happy at all.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks

Darren.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Someone with the same problem reported on here last week that the pinhole reset only worked for him after pushing the pin in "firmly to its stop point" for 40 seconds and he didn't turn the hub off as advised in the procedure - worth a go?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
dazzag
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jbrennand.  That is interesting, and worth a go... thanks for the idea.

Though I would also say that it sounds as if the hardware/firmware is failing if it needs a bespoke solution... worried this might be the beginning of the end for it, and wouldn't want to have service interrupted.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How have things been since posting dazzag?

Please feel free to let us know if we can assist further with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dazzag
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

So I've been trying to get into my hub settings for ages.  I've tried everything from this post, and from other posts that I've seen with the same problem. 

I don't remember changing the password, I tried others just in case, I've tried pin hole resets, for varying lengths of time, I've tried restarting and not restarting... It's so annoying!

Please can someone from VM help?  Sounds like a new hub might be the only answer?  I just want it to work like it should................ :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Dazzag, 

We'll pop you a personal message and take it fro there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos