cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 not working

Kidunne
On our wavelength

Yesterday morning I noticed we had no WiFi.

The superhub 3 router has no lights on it. I checked all the wires, I tried a different socket and I checked the power switch at the back but its still not working.

I contacted virgin and they have arranged for an engineer to come on Wednesday. My husband works from home so this isn't going to help!

I asked for a new router to be sent and was told it would take 7 working days. 

Any suggestions on what else I could do?

8 REPLIES 8

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get a 4G dongle
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/huawei/4g-dongle-2020#contractType=paymonthly
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kidunne
On our wavelength

That will solve the issue short term of no Internet connection but will cost me extra money on top of the £122 a month I am currently paying virgin media.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Phone Retentions and see if they will supply a data SIM for the period you are without the Hub.

However note Residential contracts have no SLA's.  If you really need broadband for work, you should also have a backup data connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Kidunne,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that your Hub-3 is not working.

I located you account and can see you have an engineer booking for this, please let us know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Kidunne
On our wavelength

All fixed!

Engineer replaced the hub and the Internet is working much better than it has been for several weeks. I'm guessing the hub was on its way out.

Virgin media have also applied credit to my account for loss of services.

Kidunne
On our wavelength

I was told credit would be applied to my account but so far, its not showing on my account.

Hi Kidunne, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. - Chris

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kidunne, thanks for speaking to us via PM and am happy we were able to come to a resolution. Please send us a message if you need anything further - Chris