Menu
Highlighted
gaz_lou
Joining in
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 modem mode with Netgear D7000, can't see internet

It’s the D7000, like I said before I got it going just taken a while, but you must keep it in modem/router mode on the SH3 or it won’t pick up the internet, once it did and I disabled router mode on the SH3 it was fine, even rebooted both after it as a test and it all worked well.

I have very thick walls in the house and my network card only shows a sync of 192Mbs when on the SH3 but the nighthawk game me 837mbs, so now.. using the Netgear the wireless maxes out my connection.

First day on virgin too, so far so good.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about all of this gaz_lou,

I've checked your connection from this end for you and everything appears to be within range at the moment.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
pst1
Joining in
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We were in a similar boat, never got the D7000 to work with the Superhub3 in modem mode, even when I selected "Must Use Ethernet" as the setting instead of "Auto" or "Must Use DSL". It was never able to communicate with the router and we exhausted the manual and troubleshooting guide. Took it back to the shop and swapped it for the R7000 and everything is working fine and dandy now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm very sorry to hear that you've experienced similar trouble with this pst1,

Great to hear that you've since found a resolve though. Smiley Happy

Please feel free to let me know if I can assist with anything further,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Poolevirg
Joining in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I know this is an old thread but just to say thanks, as the tip about doing the Netgear setup with the Super Hub in router mode first so it gets the internet connection and then switching the hub to modem mode is the only reason mine is working.

For info I have Super Hub 2 and was trying to install the Netgear d6000 as the WiFi from the SH2 has been poor for a long time. I tried a TP-link router but it didn’t fix the issue so I’m now trying Netgear.

The setup process has been FAR from smooth. It got to the point where I had an internet connection but the Netgear still came up with error message about “not being able to detect internet, check cables are plugged in etc”. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Poolevirg,

Whilst Super Hub 2 works well for some customers we do sometimes find that updating the Hub can help with certain issues. If you'd like me to send out a new Hub (Hub 3) to you please send me a PM (hover your cursor over my picture and click on Send Message), include you name, house number & postcode.

Many thanks,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Poolevirg
Joining in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

Can I take you up on that offer if I have any further problems? Smiley Happy

Previously I’d have chewed your arm off for a new hub but I’d rather only ask for one if I really need one. 

So far this Netgear router seems to have fixed everything. Before I would sit two metres away from SH2 and the WiFi signal would often drop as if I’d travelled to the other side of the moon, right now it’s flying along. It was just a bit of a pig to set up.

The TP-link router I tried first did absolutely sod all, may as well have not been there. 

0 Kudos