Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 21 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 keeps dropping wired connection

Sorry to hear this KingCrispy,

I've had a look at things from this end for you and I'm unable to locate any faults at present.

Have you noticed any improvement since?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
KingCrispy
Joining in
Message 22 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Actually it has only got worse.. Network drops are more constant and stability is awful.

When in the garden the other day I noticed the Omni box outside is a complete mess and cables are crushed shut which I don't think will be helping massively?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 23 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Can you post a photo?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 24 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi KingCrispy, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and the connection seems to be ok from this side. 

However as you mention the Omni box may have some issues I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mojiwa
Joining in
Message 25 of 36
Flag for a moderator

So, I don't know if this helps anyone but I've found the problem to be specific to the Virgin Media Superhub. 
I was always using my Superhub in modem mode, relying on another router to handle the wired connections. Recently however, I changed around my network configuration and decided to use the Superhub to handle my wired connections. When I did this, I noticed that my wired PC would constantly drop connection.

I make sure I wasn't going crazy, I switched back to my configuration and lo and behold, everything was fine again. 

For some reason or another, the Superhub 3 seems to be having issues with keeping a stable connection for wired devices. I want to say it may be DHCP related, but I've not yet tried to assign static IPs to my devices and try it that way around. 

0 Kudos
mojiwa
Joining in
Message 26 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Actually scrap that... I've just seen it happening again anyway Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 27 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi mojiwa, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have also been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Please try the following so we can rule some things out: 

• Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and let us know if this makes a difference.
  • Try on separate devices.
  • Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jinky55
Joining in
Message 28 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I`ve just raised the same issue on a different new thread. Had a new Superhub3 installed 2 days ago after the old hub failed and ever since then have the wired ethernet connection dropping out every few minutes. My pc switches to wifi to keep browsing but if I am gaming or on my bank account programme it is enough of a break to log me out. Calls to your India cal centre has them telling me all is fine from their end and having sent signals etc no fault so it must be the cable or my device! It only started happening when the Superhub 3 was installed. They are sending me out a new cable - which I am sure will make no difference so will try again after  that. So annoying when they see no break in service even when it is happening as I speak to them!!! By the way when I say that I am looking at this forum where countless other people are reporting the very same issue they say "That is incorrect- we have no such problems with our many customers" when I read otu some of the replies they seem to imply I am lying!

I think this might be the end of 25 years with NTL / Virgin - oh bring back that Scottish call centre when service made you feel you counted for something!

0 Kudos
KingCrispy
Joining in
Message 29 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I too am completely fed up and after all of this time, nothing has improved. As a previous employee of Virgin Media I know the ins and outs and I know 100% I am being fobbed off by the service technicians when they eventually (5 phonecalls later) are called out. I still am experiencing dropping out and extremely varied speeds (one minute fast as lightning and the second minute dial-up quality).

I think I am about to call it quits and tell them to rip up my contract on the grounds of not being able to provide the service they promise.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 30 of 36
Flag for a moderator

HI KingCrispy

I appreciate you posting.

I can see that this has been picked up by my colleague on another thread.

Let us now how the visit goes.

Kind regards

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos