Menu
Rodbouy
Joining in
Message 31 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 keeps dropping wired connection

I'm in the same boat. 

I had a super hub 2.0 but the box would fully reboot and the WiFi would disappear and the green tick would appear. But the box was flawless apart from the odd random full reboot. It wasn't continuous dropouts. 

So they sent me a 3.0 and right from thr word go wired and wireless dropouts. Streaming was terrible, weans were going to murder me with their xbox dropping connections, tablets on YouTube dropping connections.. So back in the box went the 3.0 and the 2.0 was back in play but I'm still having dropouts. 

So I don't really get it. Had virgin & previous for the last 15 years and it's always been solid. 

Reset hub upteen times, changed ethernet and home plugs but same. These dropouts also don't show as a connection that's went offline either. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 32 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rodbouy,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your connection.

I have located your account using your Forum details and everything is looking fine from here. All the signals are within the required specification and I can see there has been no timeouts on the network in the last 7 days.

How have things been since posting?

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Rodbouy
Joining in
Message 33 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Still the same. Constant D/C. Kids notice it more when on I pads or xbox etc and the connection drops and reconnects. 

Hub 3.0 is pathetic also dropouts and security features like mac or ip filtering don't work. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 34 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rodbouy, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble, however you are on a different hub so would likely be facing a different issue. 

I will pop you a PM to book you an engineer. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Calrizienne
Joining in
Message 35 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Im having the same issue as previous VM customers,

I rely on my wired connection and am finding i am having to pull out the lan connections and reinsert them several times a day.

This has only recently started to happen in the past week, but its essential that i have a stable connection, as i work from home 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 36 of 36
Flag for a moderator

As this is a year old thread... you will likely get better responses if you start a new one with more details specific to your problem. Be aware though, as you "work from home", people will say that you should be on a business package then, and this forum is for residential customers.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos