Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 keeps dropping wired connection

Hi FoxTC, 

Thanks for getting back to me, I can't see any issues of the connection itself. 

If may be that you need a new hub or the ports are faulty if you are struggling with the connection only via Ethernet. 

Are you able to check with a different cable at all so we can rule that out? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gowans007
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Same thing here, got a new SuperHub 3 on Wednesday, when I first connected it it was dropping my xbox ever 2mins then has been fine for till a reset today and its dropping ever min.

Cable is fine, everything is fine, router is just turning off / dropping the LAN port to all devices and turning it back after a second. Keeps doing it over and over.

0 Kudos
FoxTC
Tuning in
Message 13 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Oh no, I’m sad for you as you are just going to get told everything is fine with your connection. Are you on 200mb by any chance? I have to use WiFi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HG110773
Joining in
Message 14 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue. Ethernet drops every 5-10 mins or so but enough to be kicked from games/work. 

Only had shub 3 for 5 days nothing can be done about it. All firmware is up to date etc. It’s the hub it is not fit for purpose. Have you resolved your problems? 

Please help

0 Kudos
-eddy-m-
Tuning in
Message 15 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issue - seemingly late on in the evening (but that could be wrong as I'm rarely on earlier than 10pm).

I've just had a new superhub 3 - installation went fine and it has sorted my internet speed (200) but I'm getting random drops on my wired connection (I have my phone on wireless that's all).

Tomorrow I will remake my CAT V connections to see if I can sort it but everything currently tests as fine on my Fluke test kit. I'll also try a wired connection from my laptop but it does seem to be a VM hub problem....

0 Kudos
FoxTC
Tuning in
Message 16 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I'm still getting random LAN/WIRED drops, I'm having to use WIFI for gaming otherwise I get booted all the time with "LAN disconnected" ... This only started happening when I accepted an upgrade from 150 to 200. When I can be bothered to sit in a queue for ages on my mobile (and the cost) I will be asking for them to downgrade me back to 150.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi HG110773, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Please try some of the following tests so we can rule some things out.

• Pop the hub into Modem Mode and Safe Mode with Networking and let us know if it makes a difference.
  • Try on separate devices.
  • Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).
  • Try a different Ethernet cable if you have one. 
  • Try the cable in a different port on the hub.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi -eddy-m-, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having similar trouble. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Please try the tests as outlines in the post to HG110773 and let us know how you get on. 

Many thanks

Emma

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi FoxTC, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also been having similar trouble. 

I have taken a look and I can see your downstream power levels are a touch on the low side. 

I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos
KingCrispy
Joining in
Message 20 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I have had problems with my SuperHub 3 since installation too. I am experiencing network drops all the time whilst on the internet/working/gaming. It seems to be less on wi-fi and completely not usable hard-wired which I would prefer. My hub sometimes doesn't like to display the wi-fi SSID's which makes things interesting.

I have rang several times to be told that adjustments their end will help things but feel like I am being told lies upon lies.

I found this and the support seems to be better on here with actual help. Would someone be able to look at my situation and shine some light on this persistent issue. 

0 Kudos