cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 keeps dropping both wifi and cable connection

Fragpuss
Tuning in

Hi

So basically ever since the last speed update a couple of weeks ago my superhub 3 keeps dropping out the wifi connection and the fixed cable connection to any device that isn't my PC (for example PS5). I have rebooted the hub and done the diagnostics aswell as rung the VM support number and let the automated answering machine do a line test and it said everything was ok, except it obviously isn't.

The diagnostic guide says when the light on the front of the hub turns white then it's working... but my light is an orange colour!

1 REPLY 1

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fragpuss, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WIFI connection looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thank you for stating that the connection issue does not affect Ethernet connections like your PC. 

Can I ask a few questions below - 

• When the WIFI connection drops, do all WIFI devices disconnect at the same time? Or is it only devices furthest away from the Hub?
  • When the drops occur, do any other lights come on the Hub to indicate an issue? (Sometimes the white light can look like a light coloured orange on the old Hub 3's)
  • Have you used the Connect App to do a scan of your house in order to look for WIFI weak spots? If not, please do this now for me.

Thanks,

Megan_L