cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 faulty shocking customer service

Robmak73
Tuning in
  • My virginmedia superhub 3 has packed up and keeps rebooting itself. 
  • Phoned customer service and they want me to go with out Internet for 1 week before they will decide on course of action.
  • After explaining my wife is disabled and relies on voice control for virtually everything around the house including heating and hot water. Incredibly she offered me a speed upgrade. Not only is this a totally useless offer. She also wants to charge me for tbe upgrade.
  • Absolutely ridiculous that a service i pay for  has to be broken for 1 week before any action.
  • A new router could be posted instantly and the faulty one returned in no time at all. 
  • I am fuming with such a poor service from virginmedia. 
  • No tv. My wife's little bit of independance is shattered. We rely in alexa and Google for everything to do with home automation and heating.
  • I will be calling again in the morning and if i have no luck sorting this satisfactorily I will be buying a new router and billing virginmedia for it. 
  • What the heck is going on at virginmedia. Pls get your act together quickly 
5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s possible that the hub is not rebooting, but has lost the network connection the the VM CMTS. This is usually the case with this type of symptom. It is best to alway check with the free phone line for local issues, number below. Also could you please post hub stats, instructions below. VM will not ever post out replacement hubs, it’s always a technician visit.

As you need to rely on the internet due to your circumstances I would always advise that you do two things, I know they are costly, but getting your own networking equipment will alleviate a large number of headaches with the VM kit and can be used with any ISP.

1) Get your own router or mesh system.

2) For total safety sake get a backup internet connection either with another ISP or via a mobile network router.

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level.

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the reply.

Its definitely a router issue. Even tried with a new power supply.

I have connected my old virginmedia 2a router and it works fine.

No problem with anything else apart from the router has packed up

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How did you get your old SuperHub 2ac to work as you can only have one hub on an account and your account should be pointing to the Hub3. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Virgin Media Customer service is something else these days.

They do not acknowledge issues, and they certainly do not do any root cause analysis.

DO NOT trust them when they say they will raise a ticket. DO NOT trust them to get back to you when they say they will.

I have had a ticket open with them now since the 15th February regarding network loss over two evenings of which they claimed that they have raised a ticket with technical team to get bugger all response. Zero update, zero resolve. They simply do not care.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Internet-cut-off-at-midnight-00-00-on-the-1...

What may help you is, tell them that you are getting no internet/no services through to your house, they may just send out a van ASAP this evening for instance. But as far as customer service desk goes, what is the point in them?

Hi there @Robmak73

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums! 

I am so sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with us and I can understand how frustrating this must have been. 

I can see that you have been able to book an appointment with an engineer now, are you able to let us know how things are looking after this?

Thank you.