cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 and asus ax86u issues

kaz1402
On our wavelength

Hi, last week we put our superhub into modem mode and added an asus ax86u router. All worked well for a few days. Much improved connection. So fast. But now we seem to have issues. Speed is reduced again and yesterday we lost connection totally. I have rebooted the router. Im a bit of a novice and trying to do all this with lack of knowledge! My son has severe learning difficulties and i need a stable connection so he can watch his youtube videos. 

Is there anything i should be doing to make this work better. We seem to have gone back to the issues we had with our superhub regarding service. I have a think broadband monitor set up since we added the asus. I had one on the virgin router too but that went solid red once the new router was added. Funnily enough that started showing stats again the last few days, didnt think it would. I have disabled that one now.  

Any help would be gratefully received for someone who is clueless on how to sort this. Many thanks

90 REPLIES 90

kaz1402
On our wavelength

Hi Kath

Thanks so much

That took me a while! had to google that one. 😀

Speed is fine by cable. Its the wifi that has the issues. On my log I see post rs errors and T3 timeouts? 

The network diagnostic tool on the modem is showing WIFI issues? We had boosters from you but its never been right. Its the one thing we flag up again and again. When we switch back to ASUS router and switch the hub over we have perfect WIFI but the network status is always saying critical or warning. No ranging response, rcs partial service, Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out; No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out, DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option; We swap back to virgin hub and they keep coming. The only thing I know is the ASUS gives us consistently much better WIFI than the hub. 

It seems to be these over and over. I have no idea if they matter or if they add to the issues. 

Karen

Hi Karen, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you are using a third party router and intend on continuing to use this, as long as the connection is good there is nothing further we need to look at. 

If you're wanting to remove the third part router then with WiFi, all we can do is give some hints and tips. These links will help: 

Wi-Fi hints and tips - https://virg.in/wifisos
Wi-Fi troubleshooting - https://virg.in/wifinotworking

As it stands, we're not able to replace any equipment or book an engineer as there is nothing showing up wrong on our systems so any WiFi issue will be environmental I'm afraid. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kaz1402
On our wavelength

So what about the post rs errors, timeouts and the critical errors on the network status? This is currently on virgin hub and is coming up on that. Are they to be ignored? We lose signal at both our tivo boxes and have to reboot at least once a day too on these?

Thanks for coming back to us @kaz1402.

I have looked into your connection again and there is now an issue with your upstream channels that could be causing the problems that you mentioned in your last post.

We will need to send an engineer out to look into this but firstly, we would need to confirm a few details via private message to be able to book this in. I will drop a private message over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @kaz1402.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

kaz1402
On our wavelength

Thanks so much. 
Karen 

kaz1402
On our wavelength

Had our engineer visit. Really helpful guy. Thank you. 

Cable on the box outside was bent and had a kink in it. Something else was corroded that he replaced. The box in the house had a loose connection too. He replaced our hub with a 4. Fingers crossed it is fine now. Appreciate all your help

Karen

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @kaz1402,

Thanks so much for dropping by with an update of what our engineer has carried out. Very glad you're seeing an improvement.

Please don't hesitate to drop back to the forums in the future if there's anything we can assist with.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

kaz1402
On our wavelength

Thanks Molly

We had a bit of a blip but the engineer called this morning. Said he had been monitoring it and realised there was still an issue. Our upstream was too high still. He checked the street box, did something there, came back, changed a cable and added something else. He said he would check back in with me at the end of the week. He has been amazing and a real credit to virgin media. He said we needed a stable connection due to my son with learning difficulties wanting to be on YouTube so much and he wanted to fix it for us, to make our life a bit easier. (the world stops for him if he cant get online!) It was so nice he understood our issues. Adam is a fantastic engineer. 

Karen

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kaz1402,

Thank you for coming back to us with your update!

I'm really glad to hear that the technician has made this journey a little easier for you and is monitoring your connection.

This is really wonderful feedback and I will do my best to pass this onto the Technician's manager for you. 🙂

Please keep us updated on your connection this week. 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs