cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 Wifi issue

smiggy1974
Joining in

Hi all, just after some help with my wifi connection. 

Around 3 weeks ago i have started having an issue with all devices connected by wifi, wired connections are unaffected.

What is happening is that my wifi devices show that they are connected with full signal, but data transfer works for around 30 seconds and then stops for around 30 seconds (although signal still shows as full and connected). Occasionally my wifi signal on my phone show a brief exclamation mark.

A call to customer services initially said that they found a short circuit on the box, which they have apparently resolved and that i should monitor for 7 days. Another call them today said that they cannot find a problem. This is so frustrating and i asked to escalate to a manager (i was told they would call back within 4 hours, but still no call!). Has anyone come across this issue, when i connected to another wifi network (work etc) my phone for example is fully connected with no issues - so this rules out a problem with my phone etc.

Any help will be appreciated, really close to cancelling my contract as i feel fobbed off!

Thanks in advance 

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM are not testing the wireless for long use and so it fails and you need a new hub which will be hard to do because what ever tests they do router mode or even modem mode will not show the full problem of the hardware.

Or you can use the hub in modem mode and get your own better wireless router with 1Gb ports and fix it that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM are not testing the wireless for long use and so it fails and you need a new hub which will be hard to do because what ever tests they do router mode or even modem mode will not show the full problem of the hardware.

Or you can use the hub in modem mode and get your own better wireless router with 1Gb ports and fix it that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @smiggy1974,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been facing some issues with your wireless/Wi-Fi connection lately. Are these ongoing for you today? If so, can you please confirm what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've carried out thus far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!