Menu
Dragen
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 WiFi problems

Hi, over the weekend I split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands and I have since noticed that my 5GHz signal is dropping on average every ten minutes and will not reconnect automatically as I have to manually research networks and reconnect. Sometimes it appears instantly, other times it can take a while. 

I’m able to tell as I have only set the 5GHz SSID to auto join on my iPhone, my partner who set up both gets dropped automatically to 2.4GHz as they set both SSID’s to auto join. 

It’s not distance related as it happens if I am no more than six foot away. I have reset the box and rebooted the Superhub 3 several times but it hasn’t had an effect.

After reading posts on here of people who have had similar issues I think there is something wrong with the Superhub 3 that is causing this issue. It also doesn’t have the best range either. 

I have yet to try the WiFi signal test via the Virgin connect app but I know it’s definitely not as it should be as the signal struggles to reach areas other ISP packaged routers have managed easily. 

It’s very frustrating as what with the constant cutouts and signal strength I’ve just upgraded to the Vivid 350 tier and struggle to get 241Mbps when sat next to the Superhub 3 let alone anywhere else. 

I really don’t know what else to try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 WiFi problems

Did you disable "channel optimisation"

Longer term you could put the Hub into modem mode and use your own equipment to provide your wifi networks

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dragen
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for replying. Yes I did that too as I thought maybe it was that which was causing the connection issues but the 5GHz still drops out.

I do have another router I think that would work with the Superhub 3 in modem mode but ideally would prefer to use it as it is, but if I have to use another router to get a constant 5GHz connection, anywhere near the speed I’m paying for and any kind of range I will. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Call it in as a fault then and they will (should) just send you out a new Hub3.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dragen
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you know if there a way to do it via their website or is it a phone call only situation? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its a call in.
But, If you wait on here a few days a VM person should pick the thread up and look into it for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Dragen
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I will give them a call as I don’t think this thread been seen. 

Thanks again for your help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dragen,

Did you call this into the team on Tuesday? If you did call into the team, how did it go?

If you didn't call into the team, would you like our team to take a look at this for you?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Dragen
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_L, no I haven’t had a chance to call yet, I was going to do it this weekend. 

If you could help me that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No worries Dragen, 

I have now sent you a private message so we can assist further. 

You can access your private messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos