cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 Solid Red Light

vmredissues77
Joining in

Hi

I seem to be another customer who has a solid red light on their Superhub 3.

The light has been solid red over a good month and I have tried all of the normal remedies (turning the power switch off on the back of the Hub, ensuring the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible and switching the hub back on at the power) I have even done the reset of the device but still get a constant red light.

I rang up last week and was told that the red light was normal, which from the messages on here and the hub guidance I dont believe it is. I was also told by customer services that my service was fine at the VM side and that it was just downloading update (which again I don't believe as its been solid red a whole month).

In terms of wi-fi performance, both myself and my partner regularly encounter connectivity issues when working from home (on HP Elitebooks/MS Surface laptops) and connectivity issues also extend to iphones (12 and 13 with the latest software) - its quite often easier to use of mobile data to get connected.

Happy to have an engineer visit come out and look if required but based on the other messages I think I need a replacement hub (I think I have used a different email address to my VM account set up so am happy to provide any extra supporting info directly)

Many thanks for your help, John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi vmredissues77,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM and confirming that the engineer slot is okay for you 🙂

You can check, change or cancel your appointment via your online account if you need to. 

Again, please reach out if you need any more help after the visit has we're always here to assist!

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM staff member should get to your post shortly. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vmredissues77,

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am truly sorry that you've got this red light on your Hub! 

Usually this means the Hub is overheating, does the Hub feel hot to the touch at all?

If yes, then please turn off and unplug as we don't want it to get any worse. 

I'm just going to send you a PM now so we can get more info about your services 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L 

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi vmredissues77,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM and confirming that the engineer slot is okay for you 🙂

You can check, change or cancel your appointment via your online account if you need to. 

Again, please reach out if you need any more help after the visit has we're always here to assist!

Kindest regards,

Megan_L